Utilization of a video camera allows your Magnolia technician to inspect the condition of underground sewer lines and other types of underground or concealed pipe. A flexible rod with a water proof camera is pushed through the pipe for inspection. As the rod progresses through the pipe, the camera transmits the video images so that the technician can diagnose the problem.
Pinpointing The Problem By using a video camera your technician can easily save time and money identifying damaged pipes that may require repair or replacement. Areas where video inspection technology can prove useful include:
- Broken, Cracked or Collapsed Pipe
- A Leaking Joint
- Offset Pipe: Pipes that may have shifted due to frozen ground or settling.
- Blockage: From grease buildup or a foreign object within the line.
- Corrosion: From deterioration and or a broken pipe that has caused the line to collapse.
- Bellied Pipe: A pipe that may have sunk due to ground shifting or soil erosion that has created a “valley” and collects paper and or waste.
- Root Infiltration: Tree roots may have invaded the sewer line.
Not sure what is wrong with a sewer line or pipe? If you are in Maryland (MD), Washington, DC or Northern Virginia (VA), contact Magnolia Plumbing today to schedule a pipe video inspection!