Magnolia Plumbing, Inc. is proud to be an authorized installer/retailer of the new GE© Hybrid Water Heater.
Developed at the request of the Department of Energy, GE’s new Hybrid Water Heater is the most energy efficient water heater built to date. To create the next generation of water heaters, GE rethought every aspect of the water heater from the ground up. The result? An innovative new water heater that can reduce water heater operating costs up to 62%, resulting in savings of about $320 per year.*
The GE Hybrid Water Heater is ENERGY STAR® qualified. Check with your state department of revenue office in Maryland (MD), Washington, DC or Virginia (VA) for more information on what tax incentives and rebates you can receive for installing a heat pump water heater.
Looking for a New Water Heater and Live in Washington, DC, Maryland (MD) or Northern Virginia (VA)?
Are you ready to start saving energy and lower your water heating costs? Magnolia Plumbing is proud to be an authorized dealer, installation and repair expert of the new GE Hybrid Water Heater throughout the Maryland (MD), Washington, DC and Virginia (VA) area. Read on to learn more about the GE Hybrid Water Heater or simply contact our friendly staff today if you have any questions about purchasing and installing a new water heater! (888) 333-1046.
Green Benefits of the GE Hybrid Water Heater
Cut water heating energy usage by up to 62% with the GE Hybrid Water Heater
Did you know that residential electric water heaters consume the most energy in U.S. households out of all heating and cooling systems? In fact, if you combine the energy consumed by your refrigerator, dishwasher, clothes washer and dryer, they use less energy than your standard water heater.
With recent technological advancements and increasing energy prices, water heaters have been pushed to the forefront of emerging high efficiency, energy-conscious heating and cooling systems. GE is leading the way in producing more environmentally friendly and money saving water heaters with its new Hybrid Water Heater. GE’s new water heating solution offers the same amount of hot water, while using less than half of the energy of standard water heaters.
Vacation Setting – Save Money While You’re Away with the GE Hybrid Water Heater
Why waste energy on hot water when you aren’t home to use it? The GE Hybrid Water Heater has a “Vacation or Away” setting for use when you will not be home for an extended period of time. With this setting, the water heater drops the temperature set point to 50°F and uses the most efficient heating mode to save energy while preventing the water heater from freezing while you are away. With the new GE Hybrid Water Heater, you save energy while you are away, so go visit Grandma this Thanksgiving and enjoy being with your parents at Christmas because you are saving money!
The GE Hybrid Water Heater is ENERGY STAR® qualified
The energy efficient GE Hybrid water heater exceeds 2010 ENERGY STAR standards with an energy factor rating (EF) of 2.35. The energy factor indicates a water heater’s overall energy efficiency based on the amount of hot water produced per unit of fuel consumed over a typical day by the water heater. The higher the energy factor, the more efficient the water heater will be at producing hot water. Look how more energy efficient the GE Hybrid Water Heater is compared to the standard electric water heater you might have in your home right now:
- GE electric heat pump water heater – 2.35 EF
- Standard electric water heater – 0.88 EF
By being more energy efficient than a standard water heater, a GE electric heat pump water heater:
- Saves approximately $320* per year–that’s $3,200 savings in energy costs over a 10-year period
- Uses less than half the energy compared to a conventional 50-gallon tank water heater
- Operates at 550 watts in eHeat™ mode vs. 4,500 watts in standard electric mode
- Exceeds ENERGY STAR requirement of 2.0 Energy Factor (EF) with a rating of 2.35 EF
Reduce your carbon footprint with the GE Hybrid Water Heater
When you install a GE Hybrid Water Heater, not only are you saving money, but you are purchasing a more energy efficient water heating system.
- Operating a GE Hybrid water heater instead of a standard 50-gallon electric model could help a U.S. household reduce water heating operating costs by approximately 62%, saving up to $320 annually and $3,200 over a 10-year period based on an electricity cost of 10.65 cents per kWh.
- Operating a GE Hybrid water heater instead of a standard 50-gallon electric model could help a U.S. household avoid up to 62% of its CO2 emissions from the US grid associated with water heating.
- If 25% of U.S. households purchasing a new electric water heater in a given year were to choose GE’s Hybrid water heater over a standard 50-gallon electric water heater more than 4 billion lbs. of CO2 emissions from the U.S. grid could be avoided annually, equivalent to the annual emissions of more than 360,000 cars on U.S. roads.
*Based on DOE test procedure and comparison of a 50-gallon standard electric tank water heater using 4881 kWh per year vs. the GE Hybrid water heater using 1856 kWh per year.
Contact Magnolia Plumbing today to learn more about the GE Hybrid Water Heaters!