- Automatic Shut Off Valve
- Backflow Prevention
- Bathroom Plumbing
- Emergency Plumbing
- Garbage Disposals
- Gas Lines
- Kitchen Plumbing
- Sump Pumps
- Water Leak Detection
- Water Lines
Water Treatment Systems
Drain and Sewer
Indoor Air Quality
- Commercial Services
Garbage Disposals in Washington, DC
Without a garbage disposal, a kitchen sink is just like any other. However, your kitchen sink is supposed to take on a variety of different types of waste, which is what makes a garbage disposal such an important feature. In order to process all of the scraps that may manage to move into the drains in your kitchen, a garbage disposal must run smoothly. That’s why you should hire our skilled professionals for installation, replacement, or service of this vital plumbing component. Get in touch with the Magnolia Plumbing, Heating & Cooling team and schedule garbage disposal service with one of our experts in the Washington, DC area today.
Magnolia Plumbing, Heating & Cooling provides quality garbage disposal services in Washington, DC and the surrounding areas. Call us today to schedule an appointment.
The Importance of Kitchen Garbage Disposals
Your garbage disposal really simplifies your time in the kitchen. Cooking and cleaning is a lot easier, and as a bonus, it’s much less likely that you’ll need to unclog the drains very often if you use the garbage disposal properly. Save yourself this trouble in the future by calling our experts for garbage disposal installation or replacement in Washington, DC. You’ll get the next available appointment so that you can start taking advantage of this kitchen sink feature as soon as possible.
Caring for Your Garbage Disposal Unit
Unfortunately, too many homeowners treat their sink disposal unit as a device to dump all of their trash into. While this may seem an ideal place for all of your kitchen waste, remember that your garbage disposal has limits and your pipes do too. Clean your garbage disposal with a mixture of baking soda and vinegar, and avoid the throw away the following items in a separate trash container when possible.
- Non–foods: Your sink disposal unit is not designed to break up food wrappers, cigarette butts, and the like. The "blades" of a garbage disposal are not very sharp, and the non–foods may just clog your drains.
- Hard foods: Harder food items include things like popcorn kernels, meat bones, and some seeds. Your garbage disposal is simply not designed to break down anything that hard—or really anything that cannot be chewed with your teeth.
- Stringy foods: Things like onion skins and celery can get stuck on the motor and may stop the unit all together, leading to motor trouble.
- Expandable food: Pasta and rice are two foods that fall into this category because they may expand in the pipes and lead to sewage backup.
- Fats, oils, and grease: These substances actually become solids when they cool down, which can happen quickly when they flow into your drainage system. This increases the chances of clogging, though running cold water while using the garbage disposal could lower your chances.
Call Us for Garbage Disposal Services in Washington, DC
We offer garbage disposal installation, repair, and replacement—whatever you need to keep your sink disposal unit operating properly. No job is too big or too small for Magnolia Plumbing, Heating & Cooling to handle, so contact our team of friendly professionals for services in the Washington, DC area today!